Aventus is an award-winning insurtech platform that lets clients create simple and slick user experiences across web and mobile that delight customers. We’re looking for a junior product designer to help bring ideas to life, inspire our clients, and create best-in-class user experiences for our end customers.
Working at our office in Shoreditch you’ll report directly to the VP of Product and work within an agile team of engineers and testers. You will be responsible for carrying out user and UX research, creating wireframes, and mocking up user journeys that help our clients visualise the user experience and the look-and-feel of the final product. You’ll also get involved in our own company branding, including creating sales and marketing materials that bring our vision to life.
We’re a dynamic, motivated, and friendly team working in an exciting and fast-moving startup industry trying to reinvent how people interact with and think about insurance!
How you’ll contribute
- Work with the head of application development to create wireframes, sketches, and prototypes for client projects that meet the design brief
- Work with the product manager to design best-in-class user journeys and experiences for end customers
- Play a role in the scoping and design lifecycle from initial client brief through to final implementation and release
- Ensure designs are responsive across all browsers and devices, and accommodate different user journeys and scenarios
- Maintain the Aventus brand across different media, including web, sales presentations, and print
- Produce designs and graphics for emails, insurance documents, and social media
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web design and UX
You should apply if
- You are competent with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or similar tools
- You’re familiar with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, or Zeplin
- You have worked in web or mobile design for at least a year
- You have a good understanding of HTML and CSS
- You have a foundational knowledge of product design and UX and UI principles
- You have a portfolio showcasing your talent and ability to deliver projects from beginning to end
- You’re good at expressing your ideas and backing up your design decisions
- You care about the details, right down to the pixels
- You’re passionate about design and love to share your passion with others
We’re a well-funded startup on a path to success with a huge vision, and we’re at a critical stage of our growth. We’ll offer you tons of room to grow, training, and hands-on experience working for some of the biggest insurance brands in the UK and beyond. We’ve worked hard to create a supportive, collaborative and friendly environment where we enjoy socialising together (we’ve already been axe throwing and ice karting).
£25–30k dependent on experience. This role is based in London, UK.
To apply, send a recent CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.